Meet Jerry Castañon
Jerry Castañon Sr. has lived in the City of Dixon for over 15 years and Solano County 36 years with his wife Anna Lisa, son Jerry Jr, daughters Samantha & Amanda, son in-law Demarco and grandson Nicholaus.
Jerry cannot imagine a life that does not include community or public service, he has had the honor to serve Dixon on the Planning Commission from 2010 thru 2012, City Council 2012 thru 2016. Mr. Castañon just recently retired from the Northern California Carpenters Regional Council/Field Representative. After 35 years of construction Jerry is ready to put dedicated full-time emphasis on public and community service.
Jerry has remained active, engaged and motivated with non-profit organizations such as: Dixon Family Services, Dixon Chamber of Commerce, Member of the Dixon Rotary, St. Peter’s Catholic Church Knights of Columbus Member, Dixon Teen Center Volunteer and Veteran supporter.
Mr. Castañon believes “A true leader always leads by example”. Experience, Leadership & Accountability is Jerry’s reputation, he is known in treating everyone with dignity and respect when it comes to community issues.
Congressman John Garamendi
We need to continue to revitalize downtown, In 2016 while on the City Council my support for the Pardi Market was moving forward with design, two years later November 2018 project was approved for construction. Here we are August 2020 project completed. Dixon needs a councilman that will support projects in and outside of downtown so families can come together and enjoy this jewel I call Dixon.
We need to strongly promote a business friendly community so that the success of this business grows. Maintenance of Dixon is ongoing, curb, gutter & sidewalks, shrub and lighting, road & traffic safety, these are some of the important issues we need to deal with not kick the can down the road.
One of my goals will be “The Parkway Boulevard Overpass” needing a councilman to help champion and bring this project to fruition. I am your “shovel ready” candidate and would truly appreciate your vote.
Jerry Castañon Sr.
- Russ and Kay Cayler
- Nancy Wells
- Jerry Bassler
- Jack and Marylou Batchelor
- Steve and Janice Beaman
- Jill Orr
- Shelly and Ian Arnold
- Jack Caldwell
- Joe and Maria Perez
- Donny and Tonya Everhart
- Herb Cross
- Yvonne McCluskey
- Paul McIntyre
- Cookie Powell
- Gil and Marlene Vega
- Frank and Tina Crim
- Rick Fuller
- Cher and Dane Besneatte
- Hortencia Guerrero
Mike & Lisa Chism
Alejandro & Tamaral Martin
Angel & Alicia Carazco
Veteran/ Brock McMahon
- Courtney Kett
- Warren & Susie Salmons
Solano County Elected Officials
- US Congressman: John Garamendi
- California Senator Bill Dodd
- Former California State Senator: Lois Wolk
- Assembly Member: Cecilia M. Aguiar-Curry
- Assembly Member Jim Frazier
- Solano County Assessor/Recorder: Marc C. Tonnesen
- Solano County Treasurer-Tax Collector-County Clerk: Charles A. Lomeli
- Solano County Board of Supervisors:
– Erin Hannigan District 1
– Monica Brown District 2
– Jim Spering District 3
– John Vasquez District 4
– Skip Thompson District 5
- Solano County Sheriff/Coroner: Thomas A. Ferrara
- Solano County Planning Commissioner: Kay Cayler
- Solano County Superintendent of Schools Lisette Estrella-Henderson
- Solano County Board of Education Trustee: Dana Dean
- Former Dixon Mayor: Jack Batchelor Jr.
- Former Dixon Councilmember: Dane Besneatte
- Former Dixon Councilmember: Rick Fuller
- Former Dixon Councilmember: Gil Vega
- Former Dixon Councilmember: Herb Cross
- Dixon Planning Commissioner: Jack Caldwell
- Former Dixon Planning Commissioner: Jill Orr
- Dixon Transportation Advisory Commission: Steven Beaman
- DUSD School Board Office Vice President: Caitlin O’Halloran
- Mayor of Fairfield: Harry Price
- Mayor of Suisun: Lori Wilson
- Vacaville Councilmember: Dilenna Harris
- Vacaville Councilmember: Mitch Mashburn
- Fairfield Councilmember: Rick Vaccaro
- Fairfield Councilmember: Pam Bertani
- Vallejo Councilmember: Pippin Dew
Please join me in supporting Jerry Castanon Sr. in the upcoming City Council District #4 2020 election.
As a prior Councilman Jerry has reached out to many residents to hear their concerns and offer creative solutions to make Dixon a better place to live.
I have known Jerry for many years and have found him to be a caring, compassionate, intelligent man, willing to listen to all sides of an issue.
His tireless involvement in the community, through Rotary, Dixon Chamber of Commerce, Dixon Family Services , Knights Of Columbus, Dixon Teen Center, to name just a few, shows that he is a man of service and integrity, who truly wants the best for residents in Dixon. I know he will continue to serve the City Council with the same passion he exhibits in all of his endeavors.
Retired Law Enforcement Officer
I congratulate you on your decision to run this fall for a seat on the Dixon City Council in its District 4.
Public service is all about dedicating one’s efforts to improving the quality of life of one’s community and continually improving its future prospects.
That is a role that your life is well-accustomed to since you devoted your professional career to construction and translating ideas into beautiful results.
You will bring great life skills and concern for the well-being of people to your service on the Dixon City Council. Is my very great honor, Jerry, to endorse you for election to the City Council’s 4th District this November.
Onward and Upward,
Assemblyman Ken Cooley, 8th AD
Chair, Assembly Rules Committee
California State Assembly
Faithful to his word and his community, Jerry is someone I admire greatly. We need his voice and commitment to continue on our city council.
– Nancy Wells
Jerry helps make Dixon a great place to live. His willingness to attend and participate in activities in this town make him both a valuable citizen and a public servant we can count on.
– Kay Fulfs Cayler
*Click Image Below To View Larger*
- Napa-Solano Building & Construction Trades Council
- Napa Solano Central Labor Council
- Endorsed by Carlos Alcala, Chair, Chicano Latino Caucus California Democratic Party
Solano County Democratic Central Committee
Dixon Veterans (Memorial Day 2015)
Yolo County Elected Officials
Yolo County Board of Supervisors
- Oscar Villegas
- Don Saylor
- Chair: Gary Sandy
- Vice Chair: Jim Provenza
Yolo County Superintedent of Schools
- Retired Jesse Ortiz
Yolo County Board of Education
- Trustee Melissa Moreno
- Trustee Tico Zendejas
City of Davis
- Vice Mayor Lucas Frerichs
- Council Member Will Arnold
- Council Member Brett Lee
City of Woodland
- Mayor Rich Lansburgh
- Council Member Angel Barajas
- Council Member Xochitl Rodriguez
- Council Member Enrique Fernandez
- Council Member Martha Guerrero
Long Time Relationships With “Jerry”
- Senator Richard Pan
- Assemblyman Jim Cooper
- Assemblyman Ken Cooley
- Assemblyman Kevin McCarty
City of Sacramento
- Mayor Darrell Steinberg
- Council Member Eric Guerra
- Council Member Angelique Ashby
- Council Member Steve Hansen
- Council Member Jay Schenirer
- Council Member Larry Carr
Sacramento County Supervisors
- Chair – Phil Serna
- Don Nottoli
Sacramento City Unified School District
- Vice President BOE Christina Pritchett
- BOE Member Mai Vang
- BOE Member Darrel Woo
- BOE Member Leticia Garcia
Natomas Unified School District
- Lisa Kaplan President Board of Trustees
City of Marysville
- Mayor Ricky Samayoa
City of Yuba
- Council Member Grace Espindola